From the experts at Studio Belize® - Design Studio for Baby Products:
The imminent arrival of your baby raises the question: Which things are really necessary for the first equipment to survive the first exhausting weeks in the best possible way? In this blog post, we name the essential things you really need for your baby's arrival. We reveal valuable tips & parenting experiences.
When should you get the baby first equipment?
It is recommended to get the baby first equipment from the 30th week of pregnancy to be relaxed well prepared. Around the 30th week, pregnant women are still mobile and have the ability to run errands in a reasonable manner. When planning your errands, keep in mind that some items, like the stroller, take a longer time to purchase and may also have longer delivery times of up to three months.
Don't worry too much about it! You can take a relaxed approach to buying the initial equipment. However, start early enough.
The perfect baby first equipment for your newborn baby
Of course, basic clothes, care products and diapers are essential. However, remember that there are also utensils such as baby monitors or diaper bags, which you can also get at your leisure after the birth or have given to you as a gift for the birth.
What do you really need as your baby's first outfit?
When choosing baby clothes, you should differentiate between"summer babies" and"winter babies" depending on the season. Here are some recommendations:
Checklist for baby's first outfit
- 5 to 6 bodysuits, rompers, T-shirts, sweaters and jackets in sizes 50 to 62
- 6 pairs of thin socks
- 4 to 6 pairs of thin tights in sizes 50 to 62
- 4 pajamas in sizes 50 to 62
- 2 summer sleeping bags
- 1 thin jacket, first hat and sun hat
- 5 to 6 bodysuits, rompers, shirts, sweaters and jackets in sizes 50 to 62
- 6 pairs of thick socks
- 4 to 6 pairs of thick tights in sizes 50 to 62
- 4 pyjamas in sizes 50 to 62
- 2 winter sleeping bags
- 1 thick jacket or snowsuit, first hat, warm cap and lined mittens
- Changing table or dressing table
- Changing mat
- Diapers (cloth or disposable)
- Wet wipes
- Wound protection cream
- Diaper bag
Baby care products
Sleeping space and safety
- Baby crib or extra bed
- Mattress, suitable for the baby crib
- Bedding (fitted sheet, blanket, sleeping bag)
- Baby monitor
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector
For on the road
- Stroller or baby carrier
- Car seat
- Stroller accessories (rain cover, umbrella, diaper bag for the stroller)
- Carrycot or sling
- Baby backpack
Please note that this checklist for the baby first equipment is only an orientation is of course can vary individually. It is certainly advisable to gather information before buying, compare products and also seek advice from other parents or professionals to ensure that your baby's first equipment is complete.
I hope this list helps you!